Quarterly, the Philippine Institute of Quezon City awards every student who work hard and strive for excellence.
Last November 21, 2017, the Reading of Honors for 2nd Quarter was held in the Auditorium. The whole program was organized by the English Faculty.
The school invited Engr. Charlton Paul Dy, an alumnus of the school of Batch 2012, who graduated with an Excellence in Science Award as our guest speaker to share and inspire the students of PIQC.
The awards given that day are as follows:
- Chinese Excellence Awards – given to top three (3) performing students of every class who excelled in their Chinese Subjects.
- Character Award – given to students who have a conduct grade of A in all different Subject Areas and from the Office of Student Affairs (OSA).
- Academic Excellence Award
- Third Honors / Outstanding Award – given to students with minimum average of 88%, no grade lower than 84% and with no conduct grade lower than B.
- Second Honors / Superior Award – given to students with minimum average of 90%, no grade lower than 86% and with no conduct grade lower than B.
- First Honors / Excellent Award – given to students with minimum average of 92%, no grade lower than 88% and with no conduct grade lower than B.
- Cleanliness Challenge Winners – given to the sections who have maintained cleanliness in their classrooms for the entire Second Grading Period.
- ICAS Awards – International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) is an independent skills-based assessment with a competition element. ICAS is developed annually for primary and secondary school students in the subject areas of Digital Technologies, English, Mathematics, Science, and Writing.